The question-HOW CAN I HELP?-translates into WHAT CAN I DO TO ALLEVIATE YOUR SUFFERING OR YOUR BURDEN?
Maya Angelou stated, “You can’t go through life wearing catcher’s mitts on both hands, you have to throwback also.”
But, am I really prepared for the endless variety of answers that I will receive if I ask others, “How can I help?”
What qualities are required to serve others?
1. Sacrificial giving encompasses one’s time, talent, and financial resources.
2. Sacrificial giving requires a definitive mindset of selflessness, humility, and the ability to set boundaries.
3. Sacrificial giving stipulates that the receiver has no obligation to the giver.
4. Sacrificial giving requires a Vow of Silence. Whatever you are doing is between you, the person, and God.
So what are the benefits of sacrificial giving? Our character becomes more like Christ.
1. Sacrificial giving melts away a cold, stony heart, and in its place, genuine love grows.
2. Sacrificial giving destroys selfishness and enables the fruit of the spirit to flourish.
3. Sacrificial giving provides you with incomparable joy, that you can only receive when you care about the welfare of others.
Finally, Sacrificial Giving brings restoration through the healing of our depression, fears, and anxieties, because it increases our faith in God and in humanity.
If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion-how can God’s love be in that person? 1 John 3:17