“The Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort…comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble…” 2 Corinthians 1: 3,4
I have often pondered as to why there are so many levels of suffering. I am unable to remember a time in my life where I was not facing a hardship. This morning, as I studied the daily devotional, my question was answered from the Word of God.
1. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
2. …From everyone who has given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48
3. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble…Psalm 46:1-3
4. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
5. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”…2 Corinthians 12:9
There has been a purpose for every trial, and hardship that I have endured. My relationship with Christ is in need of a daily upgrade. I am required to put aside all thoughts of independence. The connection to God is one that provides grace and ongoing spiritual growth. God, I thank you for your love. I thank you for helping me to realize that through my suffering, my relationship with you will enable me to comfort others. Please reveal to me who I can be a blessing to each and everyday. Sonya Johnson Ruiz