This is my testimony, originally posted on Facebook and dated March 13th, 2014.
Living a Faith based Life
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1: 17
As believers, we talk a lot about faith; however, are we really living a faith based life?
In January, my Mother’s health declined and she became gravely ill. It was then that I realized that one of us would have to relocate to Texas to assist with her care. I reasoned that it could not be me, because I had already moved to Florida to marry, and my husband was on a job that he would retire from.
We started praying and asked God to show us what to do. At this point, God began to intervene; our emergency vacation time was approved, and we prepared for an immediate road trip from Orlando, Florida to Northern Texas.
On the return trip to Florida, I began to speak to my husband about resigning from my job and returning to Texas for a couple of months to care for my Mother, much to my surprise, he suggested that we relocate to Texas.
The events of the story are so amazing that I am still in awe. God took over and Divine intervention which is always perfect occurred.
1. Our lease in Florida that had two remaining months-ending April 30th, was waived by the Property Manager.
2. My husband’s manager approved a 4-week extended vacation for him to accompany me to Texas.
3. We sold all material possessions (furniture, etc.), packed our Grand Marquis to the brim and started on an unknown journey.
4. Prior to leaving, we found our house online and the property owner held it for two months without funds until we arrived in March.
5. My husband was blessed with an excellent job with great benefits. I would finally be covered with health insurance from his employee package.
We began our journey with faith, prayer, and fully reliant on the power of God. Within two weeks, our home is furnished, and my Mother’s health along with her appetite has greatly improved.
I had to share our testimony, and pray that it will encourage others to stop putting limits on our Heavenly Father! All God requires of us is to do our part.
2019 Update: My Mother is 85 and doing well. I am retired and writing a Devotional/Motivational book and inspirational blogging…and my husband who made a sacrifice for love will retire later this year. Also, we will celebrate 10 years of marriage in September.
Verse for today: “You don’t have enough Faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had Faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” Matthew 17:20 NLT
Prayer for today: Dear God: Thank you for your wonderful blessings. You require faith only the size of a mustard seed. I desire to have an abundance of faith and trust in you. Please help me to stop thinking my own thoughts and placing limits on your great power. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen!
Sonya Johnson Ruiz