“…Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30 (last part)
One of the still-popular children’s toys is the jigsaw puzzle, especially in the pre-school age group. An immediate response may cause you to think that puzzles are a children’s activity, but USA Today has a fascinating blog on the benefits for adults who solve jigsaw puzzles, https://classifieds.usatoday.com/uncategorized/the-surprising-benefits-of-puzzle-solving-for-adults/
Although the blog was educational, I was disappointed that socialization and bonding were not listed among the benefits. If you desire an increase in family interaction, hands-on teamwork, and to incorporate some laughter into your life, consider inviting friends and family for a weekly “Puzzle get together.” Forego the online version of jigsaws, buy boxed puzzles, add a card table, and limit your initial puzzle to 300 pieces, remember the object is to have fun. As your skills increase, there are many options for 1000+ piece puzzles that create unlimited challenges.
Thankfully, the Plan of Salvation is not a complicated jigsaw puzzle; God has created intricate pieces that fit together without any guesswork; Acknowledgement; Acceptance; Believing; Confession; Repentance; Receiving; Praying; Studying; Obedience; Trust; and Faith.
- Acknowledge that God is the Creator of all humanity. Revelation 4:11
- Accept that all humans are sinners, and the penalty is death. Romans 3:23
- Believe that Jesus is the one and only Redeemer for our sins. Acts 16:30-31
- Confess our sins to God. 1 John 1:9
- Repent of our sins and shortcomings. Acts 2:38
- Receive the loving gift of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. John 3:16
- Pray continuously to establish ongoing communication with God. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Study the Bible by dutifully searching the scriptures. Hebrews 4:12
- Obey God’s commandments, precepts, and His promises. Deuteronomy 11:1
- Trust in the Lord by claiming His promises. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Faithfully live a life of total dependence on God. Jeremiah 29:11
- Ask for the Holy Spirit. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26
We are the missing piece in the Plan of Salvation; God has given each of us a free will of choice. The question is — are we ready to make a lifelong commitment to Christ by putting aside all of our selfish desires and following the One who suffered, bled, and died? Jesus continues to act on our behalf as our Heavenly Intercessor until He comes again to give Eternal life to those who have been faithful.
Prayer: Dear God, Thank you for the Plan of Salvation. We confess, repent, and accept you into our lives. We commit to follow you as we await your Second Coming. We ask this prayer in the Worthy Name of Jesus. Amen
© Sonya Johnson Ruiz 2020