If you are feeling overwhelmed and are unable to move forward, reaching out to God is the only action that promises a favorable outcome. God always takes care of His children despite our circumstances.
We often lose our optimism when rough times come and stay for a while despite our efforts. Have you ever thought, “Well, if God cared then…?” Although God is invisible, the Bible reveals everything that humanity needs to know about God. God is loving and kind; His power, grace, mercies, and patience are visible attributes of His character. He is nurturing and longsuffering, always ready to relieve us of the burdens that we insist on trying to take care of alone.
- Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all of the creatures that move along the ground.” Genesis 1:26. From the beginning, God gave us the ability to think, walk upright, have a purpose-driven life, and enjoy the companionship of others.
- The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3. We receive a continuous blessing of grace and mercy every day because of God’s love. We have the free will to embrace our Heavenly Father or walk away and struggle.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. When we accept God with faith and obedience, He reveals His perfect plan that is designed for each of us according to our needs.
- “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth, you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33. Jesus forewarned us that we would have many obstacles that involve emotional pain and physical loss. Even so, we are to put our trust in God. He has promised to heal the brokenhearted.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7. The answer to having peace is to accept our limitations and acknowledge God’s greatness. We were created with the desire to have a spiritual connection with the source of our existence and to seek Him through prayer.
Talking to God is easy. Take a moment to calm down and then speak to God as if He was your best friend. Thank God for the grace and mercies of a new day, and tell Him about your challenges, and ask for help. If you have never prayed before, begin with “The Lord’s Prayer,” found in Matthew 6. As our prayers increase, we become comfortable speaking to God at any time of the day or night. The more we pray, the stronger our faith grows, and we live with the reassurance that “God is always here.”
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
Bible Reading: Matthew 6
God, we pray for your Divine Intervention on our lives. We desire to have an up-close and personal relationship with you. We have a lot of stuff going on in our lives that seem impossible to resolve. We thank you for hearing and answering our prayer that we ask in Jesus’ name. Amen.
© Sonya Johnson Ruiz 2020, No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted for commercial purposes without the author’s written permission.