And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.” Genesis 1:29
Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit. 3 John 1:2
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the color green?
As a Vegan, I think of all of the healthy dark leafy-green veggies that fill half of my plate once a day: Spinach, kale, and collards are at the top of my favorites list. A plant-based diet is definitely not limited to recognizable veggies or salads. There is an unlimited number of mouthwatering recipes that will satisfy the most discriminating palate and provide the required nutrients for a healthy mind and body.
Although I have maintained a 40 lb weight loss for over a year, I am ready to shed more pounds to decrease my BMI-Body Mass Index. So, I started researching to determine what additional changes would be required to modify my lifestyle again? The tips listed are based on changes according to my personal habits.
1. Develop and utilize a daily meal planner…if it’s not on the menu then don’t eat it. Reduce your portion sizes–eat off a saucer instead of a plate.
2. Give up the chewing gum and hard candy habits–stresses the digestive system by keeping it hyperactive.
3. Increase veggie intake to 3-5 cups daily.
4. Reduce carb intake to once daily, preferably before 6 pm.
5. Start walking or swimming at least 3 times per week.
6. Enjoy the summer fruits by making popsicles, and freeze organic grapes–they taste like bites of sorbet.
Our bodies respond well to the tender loving care of feeding them with foods packed with powerful nutrients.
Take a moment to determine the lifestyle changes that are required for you to achieve a healthier mind and body.
Prayer for today: Dear God, Our bodies are not our own–they belong to you. Help us to remember that we were created in your image, and it is our responsibility to care for ourselves by choosing healthy and nutritional foods. We ask you to give us the strength and discipline to make the necessary changes to achieve an optimal level of wellness and health. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
© Sonya Johnson Ruiz 2019